The easy way to speed up Windows Vista shutdown


You use Windows Vista? If yes surely you often experience that Vista shutdown process takes forever. Surprisingly few of my friends instead was used to shutdown the old process it and consider it not as a problem. The story is a few friends for help correct the laptop (Vista) can not start up normally, can only start up in safe mode.

I have to restart the laptop to fix it several times. First restart pissed me wonder plus for mercy because Vista shutdown takes a long time really. I am not anti-Vista yes but frankly I do not really fans with Vista. In fact, Vista is the only reason why I was not ever want to buy a new laptop because the XP is almost extinct.

The result of googling shows it by default, Vista's shutdown process is set for 20 seconds. Can not imagine how long 20 seconds is? During that time I can restart my Mac a few times. Vista How to speed up the shutdown process is through its system registry. Open 'Run' then type regedit. When the Registry Editor is open, click on HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE, then select SYSTEM, and then click on Current Control Set. The next step is to select the Control tab. On this point see the tab on the right side, especially on the point which roughly translates WaitToKillServiceTimeOut probably means roughly 'the time required for shutdown'. By default alias set 20000th milliseconds 20 seconds. Change that figure to 5000 aka 5 seconds. According to google, it's already maximized. Can set to 3000 for example but bear the risk themselves. I think 5000 is widely used and generally accepted. Good luck!
tips from me hopefully be useful to you all, thank you very much.

0 comments:

Post a Comment